Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ice Cream is NOT a Breakfast Food

That's been my ongoing mantra this morning as I continue my weight loss journey. Yes, hello, I'm still here. I haven't posted on this blog in awhile, just a little ditty awhile ago to say that I'd been maintaining. And here I am...still maintaining. Yes, I'm happy to not be gaining. That is something. But I'm really wanting to continue with the weight loss.

Hubby bought ice cream last night and it was delicious. Moosetracks...yummo. And it's great as an occasional treat. The icy refreshing feel of ice cream sliding down the back of your throat combined with chocolate sending me into absolute euphoria. Yes...ice cream is good. In it's proper place, that is. BUT I can imagine that I would feel anything but euphoric a few minutes after consuming said ice cream for breakfast. In fact, I would probably feel guilty. Is that any way to start the day or the week for that matter? No. It is not. So I will head into the kitchen and pour myself a bowl (carefully measured of course) of shredded wheat (honestly it's pretty stinking good - I love shredded wheat) with some milk on top and wait for my coffee to brew. Ah - coffee - sweet coffee. Well, that's a different kind of euphoria perhaps for a different post!

No comments:

Post a Comment